The Cooperative Education Program is a continuation of the school program that provides qualified Senior students with a vocational occupational employment opportunity in an industrial setting. The work engaged must be directly related to the CTE program in which the student has been trained and Cooperating employers agree to provide additional training as specified by the school. The employer reports student performance to the school on a weekly basis and students are paid for their work, while earning credits.
Eligibility for Cooperative Education is based on the following criteria:
- You must be a senior enrolled in the fourth year of the Career & Technical program.
- You must have earned a minimum letter grade of “B” in shop and related class, and a “C” or better in academic classes and physical education.
- You must have a good record of attendance, attitude, and performance recommendations.
- You must provide your own transportation.
- You must complete the Co-Op Application and be approved by the school administration.
- Your Portfolio must be up to date.